The Tutenag - Half Bazaruco with Armillary Globe and Gridiron of Saint Laurence struck in Colombo, fort São Lourenço for circulation in Ceilão, with no date during the reign of D. Filippe III (1621-1640).
|Codrington PL 115 ; Gomes F3: ; F.Vas F3.42 KM #5.1|
The Portuguese fort at Colombo was the Fortress of
Codrington (VIII-22:e,p.100) lists it among coins of rough execution with the Gridiron.
Krause Lists Bazaruco with weight 3.0 grams as KM #5
* Ceylon Coins and Currency By H. W. Codrington. Colombo 1924
Chapter VIII Portuguese - Plate V. Page 100
* Indo Portuguese Money, by J Ferraro Vaz, . Braga, Portugal 1980 p.149
* Moedas Portuguesas 1128-1988, by Alberto Gomes. Lisbon 1987 p.149
* Collection Henry Thomas Grogan, J. Schulman, Auction 23-02-1914.
* Non-Islamic and Western Colonies since 600 AD by by Michael Mitchiner.
The VF grade coin was scanned at 600 dpi and images are displayed at 500 dpi. It is from part of Lalith Raddella's collection purchased in 2016 December.